- We’re big fans of fans. Use them to improve the circulation of cool air. They’ll help your air conditioner to distribute cool air to where it’s needed. And don’t forget fans cool people, not rooms, so turn them off if nobody’s there.
- Turn your air conditioning off when you’re out and wait until you’re back to turn it on again. It should only take around 20 minutes to cool your home when you return.
- Select the air recirculate (fan) setting when running your air conditioner. Otherwise you’ll be drawing in much warmer air from the outside and using a lot of electricity to cool it down.
- Close doors and windows in areas you want to cool to help keep the cool air in and the hot air out.
- On milder days, turn your air conditioner off. Open your home to create cross breezes and use ceiling fans to keep you cool. It’ll be much friendlier on your pocket too.
Need to know more about how to get better efficiencies from your air conditioning?
Call AirNow on (07) 3393 6906